Saturday, February 14, 2009

Boys and Bunnies

The bunnies have opened their eyes and are moving around more. Karleena, Mallory and Hannah joined us this evening for great entertainment watching the 2 week old bunnies. We have given them temporary nicknames. Aliese lovingly named the one she likes "Truffle" which then led to the name of "Cookie" and "Carmel" for the other two. Nate says the names are fitting (Yummy!).


Cookie Truffle
Carmel
Landon had a great accomplishment this week... he is now a member of the Smart Club. His 1st grade teacher awards the children for saying smart things. When they get enough smart cards then they are in the Smart Club. He was so excited. He came home with a certificate and a pen, (which he used to draw all over his face and arms). I am so proud of how far Landon has come since his struggles through Kindergarten. He had an amazing reading recovery teacher and is now reading on grade level. And he only missed one on his last spelling test. I am grateful to those who have taken extra time with him this year.
Landon and Preston with bunnies.


Mommy Princess with babies
Last Friday Byron left for his adventure in the snow (commonly known as the Klondike). I will let him blog about it when he gets some pictures. I am just happy that he returned home safe and sound with all his fingers and toes. I don't understand why boys choose to torture themselves.
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY EVERYONE!!!




4 comments:

Amberdawn said...

They are soooo cute! I'll have to show them to Buddy, I'm sure he won't think they are dead piggies anymore. I want to come play with them!

*Karleena* said...

They are so cute - I just can't get enough of 'em!! When I told Brit more about them - his comment was about how Clifford the BIG red dog started out so cute and tiny too! (How funny, huh?! My big manly hubby is making references to PBS kids shows!) And he also told me that there are lots of cute things in the world, doesn't mean we have to take them all home! haha!! I think he's softening up to the idea....! ;o)

*Aliese* said...

Aw, such adorable baby bunnies...they really are so fun to watch and play with!

Kelli said...

I wish we could take one, then I wake up and realize how much more work that would mean for me, and I laugh. They are definitely adorable though!

And YAY for Landon! Glad that he's doing better. Can't wait to hear about Byrons adventures.